Saturday, May 15, 2010

A lil help

Sometimes taking a picture isn't enough. I like to tinker, to crank up the contrast or play with the saturation so that a simple snapshot becomes artier, more abstract, more interesting.
I'm a city kid by nature. My last 2 vacations were to big cities; I'm not opposed to the great outdoors but after a few days of solitude and fresh vegetables and clean air, I'm ready for a noisy, smoky bar and a properly dirty gin martini. I think better in the hub-bub. It keeps me alert. It makes me try harder. It's why the sky seems so much brighter and starrier when you're out in the sticks. There's no distraction, no competitive shine.
*
I saw this motto in a financial office the other day: Liberté, égalité, liquidity.

1 comment:

  1. Love the saying and the bottom image. You've really developed quite an eye, seester!

    ReplyDelete