Tuesday, February 8, 2011

What is the urge

This doodled figure on the bathroom door at Hattie's Hat made me wonder, does everyone have the urge to leave behind some kind of mark on the world?
I feel lucky, in a way, knowing (generally) what I want to do. And getting to do it. Yeah sure, the hard part is doing it, but maybe the harder thing would be not knowing what I wanted, feeling a strong yet unresolved urge to do something, but what?
A tagger was sentenced in Shoreline and the commenters passed judgement.
At (In)finity last night (On the Boards), a suit-and-tie oinker got huffy when us waiting list people took the last few empty spaces. How dare the people desire to witness art? It was a good show by the way--sold out, and now, over. I had the chance to chat with the star and his crew at the bar down the street a couple days back and was taken with their wit, shyness and charm.

No comments:

Post a Comment