Monday, March 7, 2011

One way ticket

As a kid, I never wore my favorite shoes or read the new Nancy Drew right away because I was scared the fun would be over, that things would wear out or get used up and then what would I do?
I still have that fear. I keep thinking things will slow down, that I'll stop running around so much and staying out til three a.m. and having so much fun.
So far it hasn't really happened.
I scooped up a one-way ticket to crazytown.
I plan less and yeah, sometimes things overlap (an upcoming Sunday is already triple booked with stuff going on ). But now there's room for the last minute dash to happy hour, for happenstance, for wandering, for the kinds of things you can't really plan for.
It's not comfortable. Hell no. But, it's the thing. The only thing.
*
(h/t to my pal Clif for the cool pic)

No comments:

Post a Comment