Sunday, January 8, 2012

ebb n flow

While Ebb and Flow is the maker of one of my favorite gins, it also seems to be the situation around here. I've been trying my hardest to figure it out.
Several good friends have disappeared into relationships. Is there a term for this? I understand it, sort of, but it also makes me feel like the temporary friend, the placeholder until someone else comes along. Irrational? Or c'est vrai?
Then there are the long-time pals who are suddenly super busy, or who make plans and then cancel them. Those who won't make plans and then call up last minute. I wonder what has happened. Or if it's just life's rhythms.
We are all alone, yes yes I know. But friendship makes the alone-ness a lot more bearable.
Maybe I need to stop trying. For awhile, anyway.
The thing, I think now, is just to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment