Wednesday, July 26, 2023

memoir seeking agent update 4

While bsp was on hiatus, two more agent declines came in.
Both were quite nice but ultimately form letter rejections, which is for me a measure of where I might be in the process (I started publishing short stories more quickly when the rejections became more detailed and personal).
So it's probably time to revisit and hard-edit my proposal.

I'm re-reading a biography of Sylvia Plath, which I won't name because I find the author treats Plath with unnecessary harshness. Reading about Plath's agony over publications, rejections and general literary frustrations is heartening, and terrifying, because if this literary icon struggled, what fate awaits lesser lights like me?
*
Meanwhile, the world is
on fire and Arizonans are in burn units after falling on hot concrete.

No comments:

Post a Comment