Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Ou est henry?

In my rambles around town I've noticed a series of bright, accessible murals signed "henry." So far I've snapped pictures of henry's work in Wallingford, Queen Anne, and Fremont. And now I hear there's some in Ballard!

Check out my Flickr page to see more.

Apart from the weirdly-grinning girl in red, the characters are uniformly poker-faced. On the Wallingford mural (a vacated radiator shop), the man in the red hat has an abnormally large hand that serves as a perch for a snaggle-toothed bird. The Queen Anne submarine series graces a clay shop; the mermaid has no mouth, and one enormous monocle-like eye. I have a real soft spot for the Fremont series, the burglar and the spider staring each other down, and yet another fanged parrot pointing the way to the Orange Splot art gallery.

Who is henry? Where can I find more of his ouevre?

1 comment:

  1. Do you really want to know and ruin the mystery? Will you give in to the temptation that follows? :)

    http://www.myballard.com/2008/08/12/murals-popping-up-around-ballard-fremont/

    Maggie

    ReplyDelete