Thursday, April 10, 2014

walk loud

As a dedicated eavesdropper, I almost never wear ear buds when I'm out and about. (Also I got mugged once so I like to keep whatever wits I've got about me.) But: you only hear the good stuff if you're unplugged. One-sided arguments, dinner plans in the making, dude-fests (duuude--I know dude right?--dooooood).
A side note: people wearing ear buds walk loud. Almost 100% guaranteed, if the person coming up behind you is scuffing their feet, they're plugged in. Their world is small, entirely between their ears.
Also almost 100% guaranteed, if I'm on the bus and dozing, or even appear to be, people won't sit down beside me. I guess I'm a scary sleeper. Perhaps it's the buzzsaw snores.
*
Good shows coming up: cool kids Odesza (sold out!), always-a-crazy-dance-night Eldridge Gravy, and later on People Under the Stairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment