Saturday, April 5, 2014

marking time

So this month marks my four year divorce-aversary. I don't feel like the same person!
Well, because I'm not the same person.
I feel grateful for the friends who have stayed with me along the way, who haven't judged me or dropped me because I'm not the person I was back then. I feel like I have become more myself than ever before.
Three years ago this weekend I hung out with my fella for the first time. Neither of us was looking for more than a fling. I'm pleasantly surprised that we are still having that fling.
I try not to get too nutso with the anniversaries but some things need to be remembered.
*
Speaking of, a look back at the past month! I zipped down to L.A. at the end of February for a weekend hang-out with four women I traveled with last year. We rented a house on a quiet cul-de-sac near Venice Beach and spent a couple of days laughing, talking shit, drinking too much, checking out some clubs, biking up to Santa Monica for Mexican food and tequila shots. Catch up time with four funny, gorgeous, generous girls made my soul feel good. A few days after I got back, my friend Jane held a reading event at the Alibi Room for the Mineral School, her soon-to-be artist residency near Mt Rainier. On a rainy Monday night in March, some friends and I went to see B.B. King. Our hometown funk favorite Ayron Jones and his band opened. Sadly B. B.'s musical dexterity has declined with old age, but there were moments of brilliance and his band was tight tight tight. The following weekend I met up with the same friends to see Tango Alpha Tango at the Sunset, but we lingered too long next door having drinks and then couldn't get into the sold out show. Le sigh. My family was in town the following weekend; I hope they had fun. I was exhausted! We checked out the Columbia Tower (free courtesy of a sweet friend); brunched at Blue Star, and the Hurricane; did the Theo Chocolate tour; dined on cupcakes from Yellow Leaf and Flying Apron; had seafood and a veggie burger (moi) at Duke's. While everyone else hung out at Pike Place Market, gramma and I posted up on the 4th floor of Pacific Place, where she people watched and sipped chamomile tea. Later in the month a friend celebrated his birthday at the Garage with pool and beer. Last weekend I met up with a fierce homegirl for happy hour at the Azteca in Burien, then hung out with Ms Hammy, playing Uno and singing "Let It Go" punctuated with fart noises. I hit the road to the coast on Saturday, cleaned up fallen trees and excavating the septic field. I can't wait to get back out there with a chainsaw and a tent.

No comments:

Post a Comment