Tuesday, January 2, 2018

the whirliest whirl

This may be the whirliest bunch of holidaze I've experienced in awhile.
2018 est arrivé and I am grateful and yes, a little pooped.
I had a slight pause after the Hannukah l'chaims, for a medical milestone (everything came out okay).
Then the aforementioned dog-sitting (and bonus days of cat-sitting).
Christmas Eve and--snow! And whiskey with good friends.
Christmas morning and--more snow! I fed the kitty and nervously watched the skies.
Fortunately, the roads cooperated and the fam was able to gather and celebrate for a few hours. Small gifts, a board game, some snowballs, a ton of food and some cranberry-garnished sangria.
Another happy hour over craft cocktails. And yes another happy hour two days later at a favorite spot with good pals, over nachos and frosty beers.
Finally, New Year's Eve, and a cold ferry ride up to Whidbey Island, to a friend's cabin for more whiskey, laughs and cheers for the new year.
Yesterday dawned cold and sunny. Gradually stirring from my cozy sleeping bag, I watched a woodpecker hop from tree to tree. A cute little pup cuddled in my lap. I drank hot coffee and hit the road and took in a sweeping, glorious vista.
It's a new year, calendar-wise, and I feel a hint of optimism.

No comments:

Post a Comment