Sunday, March 4, 2018

animated

I checked out a couple of animated movies recently. Some friends shared a copy of Daft Punk's 2003 Interstella 5555. The animation/anime was sufficiently trippy and fun, but the story dragged a bit, especially at the end (which the soundtrack "Too Long" underscored for me). Still, reviewers love it and it was a fun hour reminiscing the French band's greatest hits.


Another trip down memory lane: Sita Sings the Blues, a 2008 triumph of animation that layers several doomed romances, one illustrated in wobbly line, the other, The Ramayana told "Drunk History" style, and all of it featuring the beautifully haunting 1920's songs of Annette Hanshaw.

It's Oscar's Sunday--and do I care? I'll be turning these two offerings over in my head for a few days to come. Although I am eagerly anticipating Wes Anderson's Isle of Dogs, forthcoming soon, I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment