Saturday, April 17, 2021

and now the scramble

As of Thursday, everyone sixteen and older is eligible for the covid-19 vaccine in my state. Now comes the scramble.

We're 14 months into pandemic life and finally. Finally! I want to take a deep breath, but not too deep, and not around anyone else. Because I had to get on a bus today and a guy got on and pulled down his mask and started yelling at the driver. We all froze. Put on your mask, I called. Put it on. He finally did, temporarily. I fled two stops later. We're so close. 

Many of my friends are fully vaccinated, which I'm happy about. Most of my family close by is not, not yet. We've been combing the various websites--covidwa.com, said the coffee shop owner. Here, says the state. I had wangled an appointment today, actually, for the J&J shot, through a friend of a friend, but now that it's on hold, I had to scramble again. 

Hopefully next week for shot #1. I'm nervous, but I'm ready. 

Now for my fam in Canada. They're struggling up there. We just have to hold one awhile longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment