Monday, April 12, 2021

what I'm watching and reading as the pandemic pandemmmmms

Yep I'm still immersing myself in books and e-books and movies and TV shows.

Alyssa Cole's hilarious thriller and breakdown of gentrification in Brooklyn, "When No One is Watching."

Marcus Samuelsson's documentation of Black chefs and inspirational recipes, "The Rise."

Another funny and fast-paced Eloise Norton mystery, "City of Saviors," by Rachel Howzell Hall.  

Kevin Wilson's amazingly funny and poignant "Nothing to See Here." Reading this one with a neighborhood friend and I can't wait to discuss it! 

And this gem, RaMell Ross' Oscar-nominated "Hale County This Morning, This Evening." It's part art house film and part documentary of Black life in small town Alabama. I was mesmerized. Watch it on PBS.

No comments:

Post a Comment