Saturday, April 8, 2023

music is (soothes) my soul

This week was full of longing. A friend and former co-worker lies in hospice, and I didn’t get a chance to tell them how much they mean to me. Always humble, giving, teaching, learning, and quick to laugh. Then dementia and a cancer diagnosis in January and now word that time is very short. Another dear friend had surgery yesterday and I couldn't be there, my worry a low constant boil all day, relief when the text came that they were awake and in recovery. 

Feeling anxious and fretful, I took myself and my pal to a jazz show mid-week. As always it was the absolute right choice. A swanky band, an intriguing and talented singer, persuading us wooden-fingered onlookers to clap and even sing along. My soul relaxed, took a breath, and rejoiced.

No comments:

Post a Comment