Monday, January 18, 2010

Staring at Proust

There's a feature on DailyKos, a lefty political blog I read to ensure that I don't have low blood pressure. The feature is "Yes, We're All Staring At You" and it's a set of illuminating questions, similar to the Proust Questionnaire in Vanity Fair.

One of the questions is: what music makes you feel invincible?
I ask myself a version of this question sometimes: what makes me feel invincible?

  • Modern art, for one--Brancusi, Miro, Kandinsky, Jim Hodges, Robert Davidson, etc etc etc.
  • Graffiti.
  • Crazily stylish people.
  • Inventive music, not too downbeat--Chromeo, Gorillaz, Gaga, Mel Torme, Madeleine Peyroux.
  • Smart ass detective novels--any Chandler, most Deighton, any Lee Child or Lehane or Connolly.
  • Late night giggly gab-fests with my nieces.
  • Naps with the dog.
  • French 75's.
  • Cute boys, gallant old men, and sarcastic girls.

There's more, but think about it. What makes you feel invincible to the horde?

No comments:

Post a Comment