Friday, August 21, 2020

same walk, different scene

Busysmartypants has temporarily relocated and so my early morning walks/runs are taking me down new avenues. I've been up and down busy Rainier Avenue a few times, wishing the Ethiopian coffee places opened earlier, admiring murals and dodging folks hustling for the bus.

I stopped by MacPherson's, an Hispanic-run fruit and vegetable market that blew my vegetable-loving mind with the variety of produce and the incredibly reasonable prices. I bought enough cauliflower to get me through several pandemics and two delicious peaches the size of Canadian bowling balls.

A few unobtrusive trailheads and sets of staircases have caught my eye for future exploration.

I hiked to Georgetown one hallucinatingly hot afternoon under my sunbrella, made a quick pit stop at Brother Joe's for iced coffee, and hiked back.  

I've also made forays towards Lake Washington, where the houses are nicer, the lawns more manicured, the unmasked neighbors and dog walkers more likely to eyeball you suspiciously; but the water view is magnificent and calm, much needed on days where my mind keeps racing even though I'm standing still.

No comments:

Post a Comment