Thursday, January 7, 2021

shame and trauma

Meme Week is hereby interrupted.

The events of January 6 have left me and every American I know feeling worried, tired, and angry. You can read about the insurrection at any number of excellent reporting sources, such as the Washington Post, CNN.com, and NPR. I spent a part of yesterday listening to CBS News.com, and some times staring in disbelief at my screen.

Why all the surprise among the media and commentariat? We knew this would be a violent day. We as in any citizen with eyes. We as in any person who has ever been threatened, brutalized, gaslit. 

I'm still disgusted. This image of a rioter holding zip ties makes me think it could have been far worse.

We won't survive 13 more days with the Current Occupant. Call your representatives. I called mine. He. Must. Go.

Here's a survey of newpaper front pages from today. 

Edited: see also Tom and Lorenzo's rundown.

https://www.ajc.com/
Atlanta Journal Constitution

Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung

The Guardian

Houston Chronicle

Kansas City Star

L.A. Times

Seattle Times

Washington Post

 


No comments:

Post a Comment