Monday, May 17, 2021

adapting

regardless of announcements, masks still required
Well the CDC threw us all into a panic last week, what with the abrupt changing of mask guidelines. We're really going to rely on the honor system, on the mask-shamers and covid-deniers and other froot loops to NOW be honest and do the right thing?

Sure.

A downtown barbershop took immediate action with the above poster.. A Thai street food restaurant posted a picture of Biggie Smalls wearing a mask.

What are still not fully vaccinated folks like myself to do? I mulled this over for a couple of days, checked the news and social media, decided to avoid Trader Joe's (allowing vax-ed folk in sans-mask) and keep any in-store appearances as brief as possible. So I wrote a grocery list, and hustled into my local Kroger early this morning.

biggie in a mask
This being the 206, everyone was well-distanced and be-masked, although the usual jabroni, mask drooping below his nostrils, was roaming around. $50 later, I made it in and out in less than 15 minutes, hands sanitized and lugging two bags of groceries.

I'm looking forward to some judicious bare-faced cavorting sometime soon, don't get me wrong. But privately, and only among trusted comrades. 



No comments:

Post a Comment