Thursday, October 28, 2021

rules and haters

rudys

My state’s vaccine rules are tightening and although I welcome this, and hope it bumps up the number of vaxxed citizens and ends this goddamn pandemic sometime this century, I feel for the underpaid and over-stressed front of the house folks who will be taking the brunt of the anti-science crowd's unhappiness.  

I welcome it because I’m still not comfortable dining indoors, or riding a crowded bus, or being among a lot of unmasked people for very long. Too many of my friends have had breakthrough infections and I’m getting along fine ordering takeout or having a drink on an outdoor patio or doing a walk-and-talk around the neighborhood. 

But I already know of one teenage worker who got yelled at for asking for proof of vaccination. I saw an unmasked jabroni stomp into the Longhouse Deli in Discovery Bay Saturday, past TWO signs that masks were required, sporting a t-shirt that said,I wanted to be a liberal for Halloween but I couldn’t get my head farproof of vax required enough up my ass.” 

No points for subtley. Also, come on brah. Much of my family in the Midwest is not getting vaxxed and I can’t help but think this polarization hurts all of us, really, and helps—whom? The richy-rich’s getting wealthy off political donations and scream-media, I guess.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment