Tuesday, April 12, 2022

no fish no residential trash

Elephant Butte Lake State Park

I took this picture in New Mexico at Elephant Butte Lake State Park a few weeks ago. I visited reluctantly, not in the mood for a hike but knowing I needed to get some exercise. Well it’s weirdly gorgeous, like most of NM. The lake seems human-made and is ringed by what seem to be permanent campers (we saw more than one person hanging out their drawers to dry). The “beach” was rocky and windy but a pleasant walk. A loose dog nipped my leg so we cut our walk short and headed back to the car, passing these trash containers on our way. 

I can’t imagine pulling fish out of the grubby water there, much less trying to eat it. And if someone has to tell you not to throw fish guts in the trash, well then I really just don’t know.

No comments:

Post a Comment