Monday, July 4, 2022

finding joy

Joy feels like a decision these days. To put down the phone, look away from the TV or the computer, to set the mind free and look within or to each other to find something beautiful, funny, interesting, hilarious, wonderful.

Yes, I'm trying to practice this.

This weekend I spent a few hours working outdoors, installing screen doors and pulling weeds and getting a recalcitrant grill to work (the instructions are in Korean but I found a YouTube video of course). Then I just sat for a bit in the sun. The smell of cut grass is indescribably sweet, the most delicious herbal aroma. 

Later, stuck in traffic by a drawbridge closure, I drank cold brew and listened to my favorite wrongfully-convicted podcast, Undisclosed. Then dined on vegan bacon burgers and fries with my squeeze. Not a bad few hours at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment