Tuesday, July 27, 2021

a sneeze-fest

image of a cat
A pal is out of town so I am cat-sitting. I'm SUPER allergic to cats but pandemic-times made me realize that if I wore my mask around the cat, I don't get nearly as sneezy.

Win!

Every day I go check in, freshen her water, give her some head skritches and treats. Most days she's snoozing on the porch when I arrive.

The past few days she's been sneezy. One day she could barely meow. She's eating okay and her person isn't worried, so I just sit with her as she sneezes crap out of her sinuses.

It's peaceful sitting on the porch with a cat. I watch what I assume is the same snail make its way up the bannister every day. A bee comes and goes under one of the stairs. I pet the cat and she purrs and shows me her belly. The mailman says hello.

And the cat and I sneeze.

No comments:

Post a Comment