Saturday, May 7, 2022

both sides-ing us to death

I was up early, after a restless night. As I got ready for the day I listened to NPR for about 15 minutes.

Normally I find Scott Simon agreeable if a little boomer.

But today. Fuck! Our so-called liberal media is killing us with their both sides-ism.

First a story about the leaked Supreme Court memo. Nothing bakes my cake quite like listening to Simon and Ron Elving, two old white men, talking about how DENYING US BODILY AUTONOMY is going to shake out for the political parties. Boo-fucking-hoo for the people in power. One side flat-out fascist, the other, dithering social secretaries trying to keep us all from rioting. It makes me sick.

Next, Simon's story about how Dave Chappelle got tackled at his comedy show. The circumstances are unclear and I'm glad he's ok but Simon stated that his next joke, after the attack, was maybe the attacker was a trans man. And the whole point of the piece, again by a white man, is it's scary to be a comedian. Not that someone with power and a platform continues to make jokes about trans people.

Do better NPR. This is shameful.

No comments:

Post a Comment