Sunday, January 14, 2024

birthday week reflections

I celebrated another year on the planet this week. Capricorns, rejoice!

I gifted myself a day off to spend as I pleased, which included:

Saturn 2024 it's chaos be kind
Saturn 2024 it's chaos be kind
--A jazz performance featuring the charismatic Merv Campbell (briefly and oddly interrupted with a guest appearance by Mr. Peanut)

--Spending the morning with the wonderful women of Dress for Success

--Coffee and an egg-and-pimiento-cheese biscuit from French Truck Coffee

--Kingcake! from Adrian’s, courtesy of the The Shop at the Collection on Royal

--A stop at the museum to see Naydja CoJoe and her amazing band TheLagniappes

--Dinner and tequila with my partner

--A family Zoom complete with weird cat video and birthday quiz, and the gift of bubbly from beautiful friends

--A king cake cookie from NOLA Cookie

--AND then joyful, mind-bending jazz at Saturn from the ZSC Collective

*

I went to bed tired and happy, grateful for family and friends and music and cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment