Sunday, January 28, 2024

bonkers creative

This was a two-parade weekend and as my pal and I watched paraders and brass bands and floats go by, they remarked that it was all happening too fast, we needed more time to really see and take in the floats, the puns, the glorious explosion of creativity and hilarity and fun.

Yes.

Yes yes yes.

I participated in a 3-day writing workshop last week exploring queries and submissions with agents and about 300 other participants. It felt overwhelming most days, because my actual paid j.o.b. went from great to demanding and frustrating and unrewarding, and I want to dwell in creative world and then putting myself in editing world felt icky and frustrating. But I hung in there, watched the videos, submitted my homework, and met some possible new collaborators.

It’s important to remind myself that creativity isn’t comfortable sometimes (MOST times!) and a lesson from the weekend is that I love simply beautiful moments, like the float with a dancer behind sheer mesh, clad in green glitter and moving so beautifully to trance-like cello music. It was a moment that passed too quickly but maybe the quickness and the fleetingness was what made it so supremely wonderful.

 

Beauty simply for the sake of beauty is Yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment