Tuesday, December 1, 2020

living life on camera (or, donald duck-ing it)

g calendar
As I noted, this has been a holiday of alone-ness, quick outdoor hello's and virtual gatherings. 

I don't like it much, but it's what we need to do. The Capricorn within doesn't allow for much wallowing in sadness although I had a moment on Thursday where I looked out at the misty morning and felt so sad not to be rushing to my sister's place, laden with food and drinks and looking forward to the festivities. The Zoom account I invested in back in March has gotten a real workout, for better or worse. 

  • A pre-pre Friendsgiving hangout with California pals, admiring their dog and laughing about "donald duck-ing" it on work video calls 
  • Shared a Thanksgiving Eve happy hour with great friends, raising a glass to a dearly departed kitty, giggling that 5 out of 6 out of us were wearing plaid shirts (sooooo PNW) and then 6 out of 6 when that person ran to fetch plaid; and one late arrival logging on through a vocoder that turned his voice into Daft Punk. 
  • Thanksgiving morning with my s.o. and family, the first ever.
  • Thanksgiving afternoon with my actual fam--West Coast, East Coast and Canada--catching up on the haps, and giggling through several rounds of skribbl, an online Pictionary-type game.
  • A birthday chat yesterday with long-time pals

I hope that better days lie ahead. It's difficult to imagine them because we still have some tough times in the interim. Be safe and of good courage.

No comments:

Post a Comment