Saturday, December 5, 2020

sunday beachday

Last week a pal and I gallivanted to Camano Island. 

Mindful of the pandemic, I rented a car for the day, wiped it down with handiwipes and masked up. We hit the road and diverted off I-5 at Marysville, for a beautiful drive through the Tulalip Reservation, with no stops until I spied a "Bakery" sign just over the border into Island County at Camano Commons. 

When I say I may have had the best oat/raspberry jam scone of my life, I am not exaggerating. A light, oaty pastry, with a well of tangy sweet jam. Wow.

After another drive, we stopped at Cama Beach State Park, paid the park fee, and spent the next hour or so wandering the cold, rocky beach, giveing the few other beachcombers a wide berth. A seal popped up in the Sound, fur sparkling, to have a look at us. 

I stood for a long time just watching the tide lap in.

It was a peaceful, satisfying jaunt.

No comments:

Post a Comment