Thursday, December 31, 2020

break time 2020

seattle electric
Seattle Electric
busysmartypants is taking this week off to breathe and rest and catch up on some reading.

After feeling some hope--there's a vaccine! people in my town are actually getting shots--it feels like real progress is still lurking a ways off.

More vaccine shipments are delayed both here and in other states. On purpose? Simple mismanagement? And someone dies every minute.

My houseless neighbors were forcibly removed from the park. AGAIN. With brute power and dozens of police and days of low-flying helicopters and arrests. It feels like the neighborhood is being punished. I don't understand why we can't do better for our citizens. Does the mayor think people are living in tents in the park with no toilets because it's fun? I just don't understand. 

The Current Occupant's delusions continue and are increasingly scary. 

And not incidentally, drivers are harried and careless and now that we have wet, rainy streets and sidewalks I feel as though I'm cheating death every time I step into a crosswalk. 

*

Take some time for yourself!

Do yoga.

Meditate.

Read.

Stare at the sky. Or at the ocean.

See you in a few.

No comments:

Post a Comment