Monday, December 7, 2020

legendary library

 I can't say much for my own city during these dark days.

The mayor seems incapable of governing, rich whitefolk in my neighborhood sport "Black Lives Matter" right beside "Recall Sawant" signs, and who knows when Pony or The Blue Moon or Neumos will be able to safely re-open.

legendary children @ SPL
That said, my old friend the library--the Seattle Public Library--has been a beacon of solace, learning, and community. Last week SPL hosted "Legendary Children," a night of drag, trans and queer artists' performances. What a treat.

The other day, I saw this sign outside the Capitol Hill branch, offering restroom services. It made me proud. And also beyond mad, that we still have houseless folks in this extremely rich city, people living outside and using a public toilet during a pandemic. To our everlasting shame.

SPL restroom sign

 


No comments:

Post a Comment