Sunday, February 28, 2010

Hot curlers

Nationalism.
Patriotism.
Team spirit.
Call it what you like but with the Olympics a mere 3 hour drive north of Seattle everyone's been a little obsessed with medal counts and the uncooperative weather and obscure sports. The funniest thing to me about all this newfound passion is that in a couple of weeks we will all have moved on to the next thing, forgetting bobsleighs and NBC's pitifulness and "own the podium" as though it were the briefest of love affairs.
A friend treated me and some others with tickets to men's curling on Tuesday and I have to say it was a lot of fun! This picture is of the Skytrain fracas. Weird to see people parading around downtown Vancouver wearing Canadian flags like superhero capes but let's just say I got into it. I came this close to buying red cigarette pants with a white maple leaf on the back pocket.

No comments:

Post a Comment