Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Nosferatu, c'est moi?

I might be a vampire.
Not because I am on Team Edward or that it's au courant.
Mostly because I'm up late a lot of nights, wandering the streets or trading conversation in a murky bar. I treasure decayed stuff like this distressed blue wall. Or a chili-stained napkin a distracted sculptor drew on.
I feel like a vampire because I'm as old as I am, and the people I am meeting who are working and creating are a decade younger, sometimes more. I listen to their beats, am awed by their drawing skills, go to shows and buy their work, and wonder if they feel weird about the old girl hanging around because I sure do.
Still, you are as old as you are no matter what. You've reached where you are and there's nothing you can do to change the past. It's either profound or enough to send you running for the railing.

No comments:

Post a Comment