Saturday, July 16, 2011

nothing is

Nothing is as I expect.
Why is this continually surprising?
Why don't I learn?
It makes no sense.
I want to write "life makes no sense" but who cares about such a sentence?
Such a sentence may be true but it's impersonal, a generality, connected to nothing or no one, the way a blockbuster movie has no relationship to real life or a McDonald's burger is nothing like real food.
*
It's been a week of intensity and disappointment and pleasant discoveries.
I had some late nights. I took naps.
Started a new story and got insightful comments on an old one.
I found out who took my dollar store sunglasses.
I dominated at ping pong.
Friends shared their pain and we raised a glass and managed to laugh.
Rancho Bravo corn on the cob changed my life, at least for a minute.
A friend shared a Pop Tart.
I'm alive, I'm feeling, there's music and gin and a sunny vacation in my future.
Nothing is but nothing should be.
*
Today's soundtrack is old school:

No comments:

Post a Comment