Monday, September 26, 2011

you gotta

Been thinking a lot about creativity and success. The difference between those who struggle and eventually make it, and everybody else.
Lots of people love the idea of being an artist but not a lot of people can do the time.
Here's what I think: you gotta believe in yourself. You gotta put in long lonely hours. You gotta be persistent, stubborn even, you gotta feel pain, find the good people, avoid the haters, and honestly, you gotta be a little crazy.
This NY Times article asks, "what if the secret to success is failure?" Well sheeit, call Oprah and I'll kick off my book tour.
Another one profiles a Russian headmaster who teaches kids that 2+2 doesn't necessarily equal 4. I don't get all the philosophical arguments but I sure do love the idea of challenging the given.
*
All righty enough heavy stuff, let's get to the beats: MSTRKRFT y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment