Tuesday, February 7, 2012

boy do i

yeah I feel so lucky. There are people in my life who are mad creative, and I've had the right good luck lately to hang out with them. One pal invited me to help out on a photo shoot Saturday, a brilliant sunny afternoon of light boxes and head shots followed by libations at a favorite Ballard hangout; on Sunday, I sat in on thad wenatchee's radio show, where we cooked up superman mad-libs, spiked with old NFL beats and some Hennessy's. Last night I met up with a couple of artist pals, one a poet-provocateur, the other a new friend and hella talented.
It's funny, we all share some of the same gripes--uncertainty, rejection, loneliness, a need for cash--and some of the same delights also--drive, joy, vision.
A mistake is simply an invitation to keep on creating.
A success is yesterday's news soon enough.
*
Today's beats, freestyled by my amiga in her pickup truck thePurplenurple:

No comments:

Post a Comment