Wednesday, March 7, 2012

feeling the lub

I got to spend some time in Hays, America over the weekend, with some of my very favorite people in the world. My aunt and uncle swooped me from the Wichita airport Saturday night, paused long enough for a quick drink with a cousin, and then hit the road, stopping only for gas, diet soda, and a bag of Powers Inferno peanuts. Gramma and I slept in, but by noon on Sunday my cousins and I were ensconced at a dive bar by the railroad tracks, drinking bottled beer and snacking on bull fries (aka Rocky Mountain oysters aka oh-hell-no). Gramma took me out for pancakes the next day, and later on we took my cousin's adorable three-year-old to his first-ever movie, where he spent most of the next ninety minutes playing pretend-delivery driver on a coin operated car in the lobby. Yesterday's early morning departure was made sweeter with a dozen Daylight Donuts, courtesy of another cousin.

And if that weren't enough--photos of good times out on the coast a couple weeks back: puja parakh blog: Elise's trailer

No comments:

Post a Comment