Saturday, February 1, 2014

fokus

So here we are 1/12 of the way into 2014.
Where did January go, I think, it went so fast!
It did, and it didn't.
I started my January 2014 with a pretty late night, bubbly and whisky and beer and 80's beats at Nectar, followed by a world-class crusher of a hangover--amateur night, no argument--followed by twenty-four hours spent lying near-comatose in bed. There was a long weekend in Bellingham, reggae at the Wild Buffalo, bar-hopping on State Street, a long rainy walk to Fairhaven, hikes up and down Holly Street for tallboys, a scarf, Mexican food. Pizza and beer in bed, watching football and HBO. Another hike. Doughnuts on the way out of town. There was pre-NFC championship game bar-hopping in Belltown. Some living room football--beers and shit-talk and high fives and face plants. Lot of drinks with friends--pinky swearing "Brouwers: never again," awash in dirty gin martinis--how dirty? Jenna or Britney? Brunch with homemade biscuits and roasted garlic potatoes and my special recipe bloodymary. A birthday bash with bbq and vegan ice cream and old school pinball and Bishi Bashi Champ.
And my inner life. Writing, photos, editing, designing, dreaming. This is where the living happens. I have a story coming out soon, possibly also a recorded version. Granted, my reading voice sounds like a bronchitic chain-smoker on a submarine but hey, I tried. I'm working on memoir stuff. Me-moir. I'm taking pictures, lots of them, sidewalks and brick walls and windows, playing with saturation and brightness and contrast.
Real life is like that, I guess. All questions of how much, how different, the angles. How you see the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment