- Shabazz Palaces played an eclectic set, with drumming, humming, and enough choreography and old-fashioned rhyming that I realized they could pull off whatever the hell they want whenever they want
- Killing time at Cha cha, we sipped on Jameson's slushies and compared Grenades with Great Falls (I'm no metal head but the latter rocked it)
- Jarv Dee and Moor Gang alum Gifted Gab delivered a fun, dancy hip hop set
- Brothers from Another--adorable boy-band hip hop lite
- The Fabulous Party Boys got us dancing and made me long for a sequined jumpsuit
Sunday, July 26, 2015
Every year I say this is it, no more Block Party for me. Yet, here I am again with a grimy 3-day pass bracelet and a hangover. Bands of note so far:
A good friend came out to me this week. Not in a dramatic, Ellen "I'm Gay" fashion, more as a casual aside. As though I alre...
Welp, I'm 10 days into what appears to be an eternal bout of bronchitis; cheerless Dayquil days punctuated with coughing and and snortin...
I ran across these seven tenets this week and immediately felt "YES." One should strive to act with compassion and empathy towar...
Welp, after a half-year experiment in social media, BSP has returned to its blogger roots. I hated Faceborkland, tbh. Sure, it was easier t...