Saturday, February 3, 2018

lil peep

How do you separate the artist from the art?
Can you? Should you?
It's very much a topic these days.
I struggle.
I swore off Woody Allen movies long ago but lemme tell you, if MJ comes on in the club, I'm going to be dancing, as will everyone else.
I didn't know much about Lil Peep before he passed of a fentanyl overdose a couple of months ago (and maybe a month after he performed in Seattle).
Then I read a gushing, rather hysterical remembrance piece in GQ and I went back and listened to the one song I was familiar with, witchblades.
It's dark material and a translation of an even darker, more desperate life.
There's no denying his charisma, his talent.
Be forewarned, if you listen to this song, it'll linger in your memory.
He burned bright. He's gone.
The conundrum persists.

No comments:

Post a Comment