Saturday, February 29, 2020

hard to know

It's hard to know how much to worry at the moment.
When I say everything is shit, I don't think it's hyperbole.
Sleep is a rare commodity. I spend hours awake each night with the 3 a.m. worries, wondering what will get us first? The climate? The pandemic? The evil-mongering baddies?

*
(I'm guessing the insomnia hits at 3 a.m. because I made a pact with myself never to look at the clock in the middle of the night).
But you know what I mean.
*
Trying to take proper precautions and do more yoga and make more positive changes and spread a little humanity where I can. I thanked a guy out picking up litter today. Made conversation with the super talkative co-op clerk (he compared corgi butts to wool pants). Didn't rage at the guy bringing an obviously neurodivergent and yelling kid into the workspace.
*
The small things may be all we have right now, but they are something.

No comments:

Post a Comment