Tuesday, September 19, 2023

and now a creative pause

I've been writing, these past few weeks.
Capital-W writing. Rough drafts. Banging out whatever comes to mind, makes me laugh, feels weird or OTT or satisfying. How far can I take something, how can I push, find a new angle, an interesting take? It feels like that dizzying moment when you stand at the top of a long slide, sit down and surrender to gravity.
I met up with a new writer friend (I hope) yesterday and they commented on a recent event with a deliberately transgressive take, and we both laughed. I couldn't write that, they said. Which of course means they must.
*
Ijeoma Uluo addressed lack of motivation in her newsletter this week with UGH. But I don't WANT TO. Sometimes, being writing-adjacent is the best I can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment