Tuesday, March 16, 2010

As the Germans would say, Quatch

So I composed a blog post last night and it was all funny and nice, it had pictures and faux insights and lame witticisms and I felt so smugly pleased with it. And then I remembered that smug is a 4 letter word and oh-my-god I was being smug. Not a good feeling at all. Like that feeling in a dream where you realize you're not wearing pants. Only I'm wearing pants and this is definitely not a dream.
*
Add to that rejection and rebuffs and criticism on more than a few fronts, writing and personal, and I am feeling smacked around. Well maybe I shouldn't be such a puss. I can do this. I can go deeper and document the ugly. I just need to put my head down and get to it.
*
My new motto: expectations are the enemy of happiness.
*
Reading this guy almost daily. So good it makes me cringe.

No comments:

Post a Comment