- Cocktails Friday night with a good pal at Cicchetti, served up by amazing bartender Seth
- A motorcycle ride to Ballard followed by fish and chips, beer and pool, and then a nightcap at Shelter with a cute boy and his anxious friend
- Pre-birthday cupcakes Saturday morning with Hammy Smackbooty (HBD darlin', see you soon!)
- Martinis, dinner and gossip with a handsome pal at Queen City Grill
- At the Grotto in Belltown later on, I worked the door at a fundraiser for the Gulf: a $5 cover scored performances by Tulsi, Rory Gannon, Kelly Castle Scott, Thad Wenatchee, and late night beats by DJ Limerence
- Afterward, hashbrowns and crayola art at Beth's on Aurora
- Sunday was the Evergreen State Fair, a day of horses and piglets, prize canned beets, dog obedience trials (including one over-excited escapee), alpacas in costume, elephant ears + Lopez Island ice cream, and a Ferris Wheel ride with the cute boy
- Later on, a Negroni at re:public
- Caught a friend's band, We Say Bang! at the Comet
- And then came church: dancing at Rebar, kicked off by wickedly talented DJ Brian Lyons, followed by Lawnchair Generals (and heard a rumor Mark Farina peeked in quite late)
- Monday...a lovely lazy morning, then kicking it over Negro Modelo and spinach pizza with another good pal
- A friend treated me to the Supremes costume collection at EMP
- And finally, segue into the evening, gin and tonic, ramen and a valiant waitress at Kushibar
- Then I went home, did laundry, and pondered my good fortune
Tuesday, September 7, 2010
You know I'm not given to gushing but as holidays go, this one was pretty damn amazing. It has been a solidly good, if chaotic summer, and going into the long weekend I felt unsettled, lots of tentative plans and maybes but nothing really for sure. Well, I'm here to testify. I had a great time.
The smoky haze blanketing my town is finally blowing away. Enough with the sweltering days and muggy nights, please! Everyone has kennel co...
I've been checking out the creative brains behind Super Deluxe lately (mostly this provocative video about the first presidential debat...
Welp, I'm 10 days into what appears to be an eternal bout of bronchitis; cheerless Dayquil days punctuated with coughing and and snortin...
I ran across these seven tenets this week and immediately felt "YES." One should strive to act with compassion and empathy towar...