Friday, March 18, 2022

a dry beauty

One appeal of the Southwest is the extremely dry climate (although cool air and rain seemed to travel with us). I'd be fine with never again driving through a dust storm (looking at you Arizona) or clouds dipping down from the sky dropping rain that hammered the rental car like pellets (sigh...still Arizona).

Walking around New Mexico was a treat to my mossy eyes, with the various cacti and succulents, oddly blooming things, curious rocks, little lizards, the occasional roadrunner (I finally saw one!). 

I also ate the best pecan pie of my life, along with Hatch chiles in everything from tamales to pizza toppings, spicy pistachios, pecan chocolate caramel chews, and a fair amount of local beer. Oh and Pistol Pete rye.

cacti
yup cacti

cacti
cacti

texasboulder
texas boulder




No comments:

Post a Comment