Monday, March 21, 2022

The power of a (nick)name

We made up a few nicknames on this last trip. Ashlord. Chilberg. Full dipes.
There's something about clever wordplay that brings a lightness and hilarity.
Someone once told me I was an easy laugher and I think they meant it as a dig but I take it as a badge of honor.
Give me all the jokes, I love laughing. 


(Hard exception on puns though, growing up they were used as a substitute for meaning and they still give me a shiver of "is this a passive aggressive dig or just a joke?")


My mom's side of the family was known for its nicknames, and I don't know the meanings of most.
Boonch. Dusty (I think related to his time playing shortstop).
Myself I don't have many nicknames that I know of. This bothers me sometimes. I want to be that beloved auntie, that friend known for a million passions and interests.
Instead I guess maybe I'm the cantankerous coot.

No comments:

Post a Comment