Saturday, July 15, 2023

memoir seeking agent update 3

This week's memoir seeking agent update is: no update.
I sent off two more queries last weekend and right now it's cricket chirps.
I know the odds are steep. Last night I browsed a few "best books of 2023" articles and added probably twenty books to my Libby queue. There is a LOT of good writing out there, I mean dazzlingly good.
I'm reading as fast as I can -- including a bio of George Michael and his nearly fanatical belief in his own success -- and also wrote two new story drafts this week.
*
I also think about Lil Nas X and his confidence.
Yeah, I'm gonna take my horse to the old town road
I'm gonna ride 'til I can't no more
I'm gonna take my horse to the old town road
I'm gonna ride (Kio, Kio) 'til I can't no more
---
Can't nobody tell me nothing
You can't tell me nothing
Can't nobody tell me nothing
You can't tell me nothing

No comments:

Post a Comment