Friday, August 4, 2023

tedious tedious tedious

Geez I hate being left on read.

Hate it!

Hate the 2 or 3 day turnaround on texts.

One acquaintance waited a month to reply, then started with Hiiii and wrote as though no time had passed.

More than one will respond to a straightforward invitation with a sidestep, an emoji, or nothing.

It makes me feel put-in-my-place.

Sidelined.

Unimportant.

In Seattle I blame it on the Freeze. Other places, I don’t know what to call it.

Maybe it’s my Gen X-ness, my impatience, my everlasting FOMO, eager to plan, see art, hear bands, enjoy life.

But fuck how I hate it.

If you want to say no, say no.

If you’re not sure, say you’re not sure.

If you need to last minute cancel, do that. No more excuses! No headache, no work commitment. No. NO.

In some ways covid-times were easier. It was all No.


No comments:

Post a Comment