Saturday, May 9, 2009

Contretemps

I'm a contrarian by nature. (Or, possibly, nurture.)

Sunny days depress me.
I can completely understand the appeal of living in a closet (real, not metaphorical).
I'm female and I'm not a fan of shopping, candle parties, cute puppies/babies, or Hugh Jackman.
When I'm with friends and things are jamming and people are laughing and obviously having a great time, I wonder if I've suddenly become "normal," if it's too easy, if I'm missing something.
If a movie becomes too popular ("Titanic"), I won't see it.

This is all quite possibly attributable to good old Baptist guilt.

p.s. All sorts of inspiring thoughts came to mind during my morning ramble. I passed a windowless garage on which was painted a faux window, complete with flower pot. Trompe l'oeil, I thought. And then, taking in how truly bad the paint job was, trompe LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment