Thursday, March 26, 2020

a somber tour

I took a walk around the neighborhood early this morning. I try to head out early while it's chilly and hopefully quiet.
It's tough to hear about the airlines begging for cash, for a couple of reasons.
One, I live under a flight path (descent to SeaTac) and I STILL hear planes on their descent every minute, like clockwork. If the planes are empty, why are they still flying?
Second, small businesses in my neighborhood continue to close, so get in line, you greedy fat cats.
The nail salons, gyms, yoga and massage places, all closed.
Starbucks, incredibly.
Spin Cycle, a record store, is completely closed with brown paper over the windows.
Lifelong: closed.
Lifelong

Even the big potatoes, the Wells Fargo and T-Mobile, are boarded up for the duration.
The food bank around the corner has tape on the sidewalk, delineating 6 feet apart.

I still see motivational posters, well wishes, and it brings a pang to my chest.
Fantasy A


No comments:

Post a Comment