Friday, May 22, 2020

art/pony

I haven't been sleeping very well lately.
Drift off late and wake up early.
Vivid, strange and sexual dreams.
The last couple of nights, some sadness, for my family and my uncle, dying alone in Florida.
Sometimes I just get up before my alarm chirps, and go for a walk.
*
This morning seemed particularly quiet. Rain had recently fallen. The birds were going nuts. (Is it me or are they bolder with the recent lack of humans?) Even the construction at Seattle U wasn't as loud and clangy.
I walked by Pony, a favorite pre-covid19 hangout with some of my funnest friends. We've had so many good times on the dance floor and drinking Long Island ice teas on the deck by the fire pit. I stood for a minute, looking, remembering. There were 2 mobiles hanging at two of the corners behind Pony.
It felt like a confluence of art and music and creativity.
13th and Union.


No comments:

Post a Comment