Sunday, May 24, 2020

creatively speaking

I've seen a few schools of thought with regards to creating during a pandemic.
Some folks seem crazily productive. We have online music shows now, Broadway shows, late night TV, the Obamas reading story books and hosting virtual graduations.
Others complain of being unable to concentrate.
The journal I read for has seen a large uptick in apocryphal stories--some okay, most without enough distance or insight to make them interesting. (There's been an uptick in really gross and graphic stories too, which is worrisome. And not fun.)
I'm hanging in there writing-wise. Trying to be consistent and productive and also not shame myself if I can't do much more than write a line or 2, or post a picture, or reorganize some notes.
I'm stashing away content, like the daily blog posts, for later, when there's time to sit back, think, understand, contemplate.
We're too close to it. Too close. We're standing on the front steps of a 4-alarm blaze and the fire department hasn't arrived yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment