Sunday, May 3, 2020

in these challenging times

So advertisements have finally caught up with covid-19.
The first few weeks of the stay-home orders, I'd watch Hulu or something with ads and it was jarring to see people in the car commercials driving around to various social events. The taco commercial with people wrestling over nachos.
So much touching and closeness and breathing.
*
Now, the ads have caught up.
Car companies. Fast food. Insurance. Streaming networks.
"We're in this together," they say.
"Together apart."
"Here's to the heroes."
All in what I think of as, The Tone.
Caring. Emotional.
Manipulative.
*
Here's Honda's home page:

 Here's Taco Bell:


Target:
Apple (with a grudging mention of no-contact delivery):

 eBay:


Enterprise:

Ford:

Regal Cinemas:

State Farm:

Target:
Goodwill:
Zoom:


I don't know how I feel about all this; but I want to record it.
I'll keep on documenting.

No comments:

Post a Comment